Vendor and Artist Booth Information
2019 Japanese Fall Festival
Friday-Sunday, September 6-8
Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Garden
2400 South Scenic Avenue, Springfield, MO
Vendor/Artist Application Deadline: extended through Thursday, August 15, 2019
Application Fee: $150 for 12×12 space + $100 Supporting Membership
(A 10×10 tent, one table, and two chairs can be provided for you; please indicate this need in your application.)
Food Vendor Application Deadline: Thursday, August 8, 2019
Application Fee: $250 + $100 Supporting Membership
(Please indicate set up requirements in your application: space, electricity, etc.)
The Japanese Fall Festival is a celebration of authentic Japanese culture in the beautiful Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Garden located within the extraordinary Springfield Botanical Gardens at Nathanael Greene/Close Memorial Park. Now in its 24th year, attendance is expected to top 18,000.
Space is limited and distributed on a first-come, first-served basis with priority given to those that are:
- authentic to Japanese culture and tradition;
- authentic to Japanese gardening/landscaping practices;
- not in direct competition with items available in the souvenir tent or at the Park Board concession tent.
- Set up must be complete by Friday at 4 p.m. Springfield-Greene County Park Board staff will be on hand beginning on Thursday to assist with set up of large items; non-park vehicles are not permitted within the Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Garden.
- Security begins on Thursday. The Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Garden is secured each evening in addition to the Springfield Botanical Gardens as a whole. Sister Cities and/or the Park Board is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Booths must remain in operation from 5 p.m. to dusk on Friday; 11 a.m. to dusk on Saturday; and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Booths may only close for inclement weather if the festival as a whole closes.
- Break down begins no sooner than 6 p.m. on Sunday, though it is preferable that vendors break down on Monday. Park Board staff will be on hand to assist vendors with large items.
- Vendors’ displays may not protrude more than eight feet from their assigned space, and they may not come within five feet of foot paths.
- Trash cans are provided. Vendor areas must be clean at all times.
- Vendors are required to carry a City of Springfield business license and their own insurance, and they are responsible for collecting and paying sales tax and reporting to the IRS.
Vendor applications are reviewed by a committee. If accepted, vendors will be contact to complete payment.
If you have questions or concerns about these terms or the following application, please feel free to contact Lexy Saner, Associate Director, at 417-874-2962 or email@example.com. We are more than happy to assist you, and we look forward to working with you on this event!
Vendor and Artist Booth Application
Please fill out the form below or click here to download and print a hard copy of the application.