As a nonprofit organization, we operate primarily through volunteers. We are always looking for new faces to join our ranks and support our mission of “Peace through People.”
We need a lot of help with our special events which include our:
– Annual Celebration (typically held in late March)
– Kite and Piñata Festival (typically held in early April)
– Japanese Fall Festival (typically held the weekend after Labor Day in early September)
– Taste of Tlaquepaque (typically held in mid October)
We also need plenty of help on our working Board of Directors and on our planning committees. The Board meets once a month and each of our committees meets about once a month. Board members are required to join at least one of our committees which include our:
– Isesaki Committee (plans Japanese Fall Festival)
– Tlaquepaque Committee (plans Taste of Tlaquepaque)
– Membership Committee (plans Annual Celebration)
– Development Committee (pursues financial support)
Finally, we are always looking for help with administrative tasks in our offices which are located in the Botanical Center at the beautiful Springfield Botanical Gardens (2400 South Scenic Avenue).
If you are interested in helping us in any of these capacities, please fill out the form below and we will either add you to our list to contact for special events or we will be in touch with more information. If you have other ideas of ways you can help out, please let us know. We are more than happy to work with you to find a volunteer position which suits your skills and passions.
Volunteer InterestFill out the form below to let us know you are interested in volunteering and to receive future e-mails about volunteer opportunities!
Having trouble? Questions?
Please feel free to contact Alexandra “Lexy” Saner, Associate Director, at email@example.com.