Published on March 13th, 2013 | by ssca
April 6th – Cherry Blossom Kite Festival 2012
The Kite Festival is coming soon — mark your calendars for April 6, Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Join us for a day full of free activities for families! Bring your own kite — the big open field south of the Botanical Center is a great place to run wild with kites of any type. Or if you don’t have, you can build one from a kit that will be available for $5.
- Nathanael Greene / Close Memorial Park 2400 S. Scenic, Springfield MO
- Saturday, April 6, 11 a.m. TO 3 p.m.
- Hands-on art and learning activities
- Bring your own kite (or build one from a kite making kit for only $5)
- Mizumoto Japanese Garden will be open, with free tours by members of Botanical Society of Southwest Missouri
- Springfield Sister Cities Association, Kizuna (Japanese-American Friendship Club) and Kickapoo H.S. Japan Club will offer activities unique to Japan
Download the poster here: Kite Fest Poster-2013