Springfield Sister Cities Association and the Springfield-Greene County Park Board are eager to welcome a men’s fast pitch softball team here from our sister city of Isesaki, Japan.
This is the 9th softball exchange between our two cities. The first exchange was in 1993 when a group of all-stars visited Isesaki. This laid the ground work for future exchanges, which have become one of the cornerstones of this valued sister city relationship.
SSCA would love for all of you to come out and cheer on the Isesaki team, or one of our local teams, as they have some friendly competition June 29-July 1 at Killian Softball Complex, just north of Chestnut Expressway, on Pythian Street. (Game schedule below.)
Sister Cities Softball Exchange
June 27-July 3, 2012
Wednesday, June 27
- Arrival Springfield-Branson Regional Airport on UA Flight 5983 at 6:22 p.m.
- Take to Howard Johnson’s Hotel for check-in
Thursday, June 28
- 9:30 Official Welcome from Mayor Stephens followed by brief tour of city government complex
Friday, June 29 4:45
- arrive Killian Complex for warm-up and game preparation.
- 6:30 Opening ceremony
- 7:00 game #1
Saturday, June 30
- 8:30 depart for Killian Softball Complex
- 10:00 game #2
- Lunch at the stadium (provided by Parks / Robert Uckele) as part of “Springfield Softball Hall of Fame” ceremonies.
- 1:30 game #3
- 6:00 game time
Sunday, July 1
- Breakfast at hotel
- 8:15 a.m. departure
- 8:30 arrive Killian Softball Complex
- 10:00 game #4